The Baden-Württemberg Adult Education Association is the professional association representing the interests of the 162 adult education centres in the state, with almost 650 branch offices.
The Adult Education Centres are part of the largest provider of continuing education for the general public. Our objective is to support these institutions in their work in terms of content and education policy so that they can fulfil their role that is so important for the future of our society.
Like its members, the Baden-Württemberg Adult Education Association, a recognised non-profit organisation, is ideologically and party-politically neutral. It works particularly closely with the state of Baden-Württemberg, with the municipal state associations and with the state association of church adult education (KiLAG). The state of Baden-Württemberg supports the work of the state association financially and in non-material ways.
The key tasks and services provided by the state association
The central tasks of the Adult Education Association are:
- Promoting lifelong learning and in particular continuing education which is the longest phase of lifelong learning.
- Representing the interests of the Adult Education Centres at state and national level.
- Informing the public about the public educational mandate of the Adult Education Centres, their range of courses and their work.
- Supporting and advising the Adult Education Centres in matters relating to content, finance and organisation, as well as in their structural and quality development.
- Providing needs-based in-service training for the teaching, management, planning and administrative staff at the Adult Education Centres.
- Conducting language and vocational examinations.
- Approving the funds with which the state of Baden-Württemberg supports the Adult Education Centres and verifying the proof of use.
- Networking the Adult Education Centres with one another and pooling their common interests.
You can reach us Monday to Thursday from 8:30am to 4:30pm and Fridays from 8:30am to 3pm on +49 (0)711 75900-0. You can also email us. Our address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Former Mayor Fritz Kuhn
Dr. Tobias Diemer